New Book Drive Needs:
- Designated Coordinator, who will deploy bins, receive phone call for pickups & retrieve bins after the book drive.
- Volunteers with boxes to pick up books from full bins during the drive.
- Temporary storage for collected books if possible.
- Quick sorting ability, to weed out adult titles, garbage, books in poor condition, etc.
- Ability to transfer collected books to the West County READS storage facility at Hilltop Mall.
Richmond Rotary Children’s Book Drive 2014 is a great example of a successful book drive.
- Bins Deployed: 36
- Books Collected: Approximately 4,000 children’s books
- Books were provided to Verde Elementary: Family Literacy Nights, Blue Cart Library
Take It, Leave It Bookshelves can be found at Clean X-Press Laundromat, the Downer YMCA, Shields Reid Community Center, Neighborhood House, the Pullman Point Apartments, the Hilltop YMCA, Building Blocks For Kids on 9th and Center, LOL Educational Services, Fairmont Elementary, Richmond Main Street Events, and the Reading Advantage workshops.